Re: swish-e compiling for windows using visual c++

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 20:59:24 GMT
On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 11:33, Thomas McDonald wrote:
> Yes, adding all the .h and .c files appeared to work in that I got an .exe
> file.  I also got 48 warnings in regard to the regex.c file.  I haven't
> tested the .exe file, but I am doubtful.

48 warnings and 0 errors?  Sounds perfect!  ;-)  regex.c was replaced in
2.2 with PCRE because of all those warnings.

> I am not sure what you are referring to when you talk about the "MinGW32",
> but I bet I can find info about that online.

Well, you don't gain anything if you have MSVC and don't mind using it.
I just found it annoying to have to boot up a Windows system, import
latest CVS, fight with MSVC, manually operate MSVC, and finally copy
files.  For SWISH-E 2.3 I setup a cron job and shell script running the
build process on Linux: grab CVS, build executables/DLLs, package with
NSIS, scp to public download area.

MinGW:
  http://www.mingw.org/

--