Re: ranking or weighting using meta name values

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 16:44:37 GMT
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, David Hoare wrote:

> Now my problem; I wish to use values of meta names in order to weight the
> relevance (rank?)  of the returned hits from a search.
>
> E.g. I have two documents, one with

> the other

> which both contain the searched for words "test search". I would like
> some way to weight the relevance by the DocOrder value and have the
> results sorted by this new weighted relevance.

If the DocOrder is like a category, and you always want DocOrder 2 before
5, for example, then sort the results:

   -s docorder swishrank desc

But then your rank scores will look werid.

Otherwise there's no current way to adjust the rank of a doc based on some
property value.  Your best bet would be to post process the results and
bias the rank.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org