Re: swishex setup

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 16:32:36 GMT
On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 10:45, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Ok, I'm confused.

I live there.

> http://www.octopod.net/technews/Articles/SwishEXComponent.html says:
>   The source code is based on SwishLib 2.0.5.

I have the source.  Sure, it's open source.  But, it appears to be
useless without their proprietary build system.

> I just downloaded 2.0.5 and built it and I don't see the library.  I can't
> remember when Jose added the library to swish, so I'm a bit confused that
> swishex is based on the swish-e library in version 2.0.5.

Well, there was a library API but building a library was a whole other
matter.

> This is the kind of stuff that made me switch to Linux for development. ;)

No kidding.  This is the kind of stuff that made me switch to a Linux
cross compiler to build Windows binaries.  :-D

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/