Re: swish-e compiling for windows using visual c++

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 16:14:55 GMT
On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 10:32, Thomas McDonald wrote:
> Does anybody know where I can find a good step-by-step tutorial on how to
> compile the swish-e source using visual c++.

SWISH-E 2.0.5:  Create a new console project then add all the *.c and
*.h files from the src and src/win32 directory.  Press F10.  I think
that should work although you might need to change some compiler

MSVC6 project files from 2.0.4 (goes in root of project directory):

SWISH-E 2.2:  Open MSVC6 workspace and press F10.
SWISH-E 2.3:  Open MSVC6 workspace, press F10, cross fingers.
              Or install MinGW32 and run the configure script.

> I can't use the binaries
> because I have to use an older version 2.0.5 so I have to compile the source
> myself because the older binaries don't appear to be available.

I don't believe I ever made a Windows build of 2.0.5.  I think maybe
2.0.5 was a bug fix which was already fixed in the newer Windows builds.

 David Norris
  ICQ - 412039