ranking or weighting using meta name values

From: David Hoare <dh2(at)not-real.iucr.org>
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 16:14:47 GMT
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for an excellent piece of software.

Now my problem; I wish to use values of meta names in order to weight the
relevance (rank?)  of the returned hits from a search.

E.g. I have two documents, one with

the other

which both contain the searched for words "test search". I would like
some way to weight the relevance by the DocOrder value and have the
results sorted by this new weighted relevance.

Is this possible within the swish engine or do I have to post process my
results?

I don't know if this is needed but I'm running swish 2.2.1 on a
Redhat 7.2 (soon to be 8) Linux box.

Thanks for any help,

David