Re: swishex setup

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 15:45:51 GMT
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Thomas McDonald wrote:

> Well, I'll just answer my own question.  I found at
> http://swish-e.org/archive/1762.html that (when using visual c++) you have
> to create an new windows console application, then add all the files to the
> app and compile.  It did compile (48 files), but there were warnings.  I
> haven't tried to run it.  I can see there will probably be a problem because
> the exe isn't in the same directory with the swishspider file.  I'll copy
> the exe to the directory and let you know if it works.

Ok, I'm confused.

http://www.octopod.net/technews/Articles/SwishEXComponent.html says:

  The source code is based on SwishLib 2.0.5.

I just downloaded 2.0.5 and built it and I don't see the library.  I can't
remember when Jose added the library to swish, so I'm a bit confused that
swishex is based on the swish-e library in version 2.0.5.

Sometimes it's easier to start over.

Thanks to David Norris, current versions of Swish-e take a lot less work
to build on Windows.  See the src/win32 directory.

This is the kind of stuff that made me switch to Linux for development. ;)

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org