Re: swishex setup

From: <cmpeders(at)not-real.co.seminole.fl.us>
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 13:19:50 GMT
I tried the SWISHEX component with little success also. I ended up using a
free ASPEXEC component that lets me run executables from an ASP. I have it
run the swish search with whatever terms the user inputs. Then you have to
parse and format the results to display the way you want them to.

Just something to consider.

Chris Pedersen

                      "Thomas McDonald"
                      <tom.mcdonald@westernsouthe        To:       Multiple recipients of list <swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.edu>
                      rnlife.com>                        cc:
                      Sent by:                           Subject:  [SWISH-E] Re: swishex setup
                      swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.ed

                      02/18/2003 08:05 AM
                      Please respond to
                      tom.mcdonald

Do you think it would just be better to make my own "Swishex" type solution
by doing all the CGI stuff myself and then writing some xsl to format.  If
so, do you know any good tutorials on how to do this (I have never
connected
to a cgi via an iis/vbscript/asp page?  Should I avoid this headache and
just use the older Swish-e library?