Re: swishex setup

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 23:27:39 GMT
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Thomas McDonald wrote:

> I was able to successfully set up the Swishex demo.  I then copied in my own
> index files to replace the ones distributed with swishex and I started to
> get the "server threw and exception" error.  Any ideas on what went wrong?
> I know my index files are good because I can search them from the command
> prompt.

My guess is the COM component is linked to an imcompatible swish-e
library for your index.

Make sure you index with the exact version of swish-e that swishex was
linked against.

http://www.octopod.net/technews/Articles/SwishEXComponent.html says it's
based on Swish-E 2.0.5.  2.0.5 is old and much slower than the current
version.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org