Re: Result display question

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 20:34:33 GMT
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Mark Peesel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hopefully this will be easy for someone out there...
>
> Right now my search results displays one line per result and it is only the
> actual file name.

By default swish shows the rank, path, title, and size so I'm not sure why
you are only seeing just the file name.  How are you running swish?

> I want it to display the page title and then the first 100 words or so of
> the document with links and such.  I am new to this and have looked
> everywhere and can't figure it out.  Can anyone help me and point me to the
> right place?

There's a script in the distribution that can be used for this
(example/swish.cgi).  Docs are on-line at:

  http://swish-e.org/dev/docs/swish.html

Feel free to comment on errors in the docs, or anything that might make it
easier to understand and setup.  I'm really bad at writing "not" when I
mean "now" and "build" with I mean
"built".  I probably got it mixed up in that last sentence, too.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org