Re: doc2html.pl PROBLEM

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 17:27:29 GMT
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Michael REMY wrote:

> i'm using Swxish-e v2.2.1
>
> i try to use the doc2html perl script to index a MS word document.
> But it returns me the message "UNABLE to convert"
> i don't understand why.
> my document is a word 2000 realease.
> Does this script run with Office 2000 documents ?

Is there a doc2html perl script?  There's a doc2txt script in the
"filter-bin" directory of the distribution.

doc2txt.pm is a very simple perl script that just calls the catdoc
program.  I don't see any reason to use that script.  See how to call
catdoc directly in the swish-e config file at:

http://swish-e.org/current/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#Filtering_with_the_FileFilter_feature

What verion of catdoc are you running?  Catdoc (and other programs) can be
found at:

  http://www.ice.ru/~vitus/catdoc/

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org