Re: Javascript showing up in output

From: John Almberg <jalmberg(at)not-real.identry.com>
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 19:51:34 GMT
This sounded promising, but didn't work.

The javascript already is in comments . . . like:

<javascript>
<!--
 stuff
// -->
</javascript>

Actually, it's kinda funny that part of the comment line is showing up
in the output :

"... platform == 'Windows') && (browser == 'IE')) { document.write(' ');
} // -- Welcome to the Smithtown
Gospel Tabernacle website. I am Gary Zarlengo, the ... questions, you
have come to the right place."

Just the // -- bit is showing up . . . Not sure what that means, but it
*seems* significant! The close bracket is definitely there.

Anyone feeling especially curious or especially helpful can try it for
themselves at:

http://www.smithtowngospeltabernacle.org/cgi-bin/search/swish.cgi?query=smithtown&submit=Search%21

-- John

--