Indexing pdf files now works

From: David Cogley <david(at)not-real.cogley.com>
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 16:26:51 GMT
swish-e correctly indexes pdf files using a FileFilter directive as long as
/etc/sysconfig/i18n has the LANG variable set to en_US.

Red Hat 8.0 Professional has the LANG variable set to en_US.UTF-8 by
default.  This causes _pdf2html.pdf to produce an html file which cannot be
indexed by swish-e.  I checked this by running _pdf2html.pdf to produce an
html version of a pdf file.  Opening the file with vi, everything looked
fine.  But, swish-e found no words when I tried to index this html file
(without the FileFilter directive).

Thanks to those who knew enough to have me check the LANG value.

An added side benefit is that the man pages now display correctly.