How to disable XML indexing of the title field

From: Tref Gare <trefg(at)not-real.areeba.com.au>
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 23:42:14 GMT
Hi all,

I've got an xml indexing issue.

We've got a bunch of xml files which document events listed on a
website.  Each xml file includes multiple <title> fields for each event
appearing in the navigation as well as an <eventTitle> for the actual
hero event.

The issue is that swish-e seems to be indexing all the title fields by
default and therefore returning search hits for events that only appear
in the nav.  We want to index only the hero event data.

Is there some way for us to switch off the default indexing of the title
fields (if indeed this is the case).

A full example of one of our xml files is attached and our config file
as well.  Here below is a summarised version of one of the xml files.
In this example if we search for lion king, it is being returned because
lion king is present in the <navigation level="3">area.

<page>
<navigation level="3">
    <item><title><![CDATA[iron helmets, smoking guns]]></title>
          <url><![CDATA[/B63D051CFD6D43BD8195BE881E1DA2E0.xml]]></url>
    </item>
    <item><title><![CDATA[the lion king]]></title>
          <url><![CDATA[/C0D20B3637E541B98DE1273D279C7F84.xml]]></url>
    </item>
</navigation>
<content>
    <navigation level="4"></navigation>
    <event version="1.0"
        id="F551B3166E6E42AB" eventID="" ticketingEventID=""
        htmlLocation="" compoundType="activity stream">
            <eventID></eventID>
            <ticketingEventID></ticketingEventID>
            <eventTitle>closer</eventTitle>
            <eventThumbnail></eventThumbnail>
            <title>closer</title>
            <subtitle></subtitle>
            <oneLiner>Aance company Chunky Move.</oneLiner>
            <paragraph> he moves of an on-screen dancer. Come
closer.</paragraph>
            <eventTypes><eventType>Exhibition</eventType></eventTypes>
            <dates>Friday 6 December 2002- Monday 27 January
2003</dates>
            <times>Daily 10am</times>

<fullText>&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;</full
Text>
            <soldOutText></soldOutText>
            <sponsorsPartners></sponsorsPartners>
            <datesList>
                <interval>
                    <startDate>2002-12-06</startDate>
                    <endDate>2005-01-27</endDate>
                </interval>
            </datesList>
    </event>
 </content>
</page>

Many thanks in advance.

Tref

Tref Gare
Development Consultant
Areeba
Level 19/114 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000
email: trefg@areeba.com.au
phone: +61 3 9642 5553
fax: +61 3 9642 1335
website: http://www.areeba.com.au
"This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above and contains information that is confidential. No
confidentiality is waived or lost by any mis-transmission. If you
received this correspondence in error, please notify the sender and
immediately delete it from your system. You must not disclose, copy or
rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not the intended
recipient. Any communication directed to clients via this message is
subject to our Agreement and relevant Project Schedule. Any information
that is transmitted via email which may offend may have been sent
without knowledge or the consent of Areeba."

to a plain text message.