Re: Can I just get a list of html docs

From: Greg Fenton <greg_fenton(at)>
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 15:16:37 GMT
--- "Vendetti, Jeff" <> wrote:
> I'm looking to go thru a web site, and produce a list of all the html
> documents on the site

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your request, but do you simply want a list
of all the linked HTML documents on a particular website?

If so, I suggest that SWISH-E is not the right tool for this job
(though it *could* be used for this purpose, it is too much power for
such a simple task).

You might consider using the "wget" command (Linux/UNIX/Cygwin) or some
variant of LWP from Perl (I've used Merlin's script as the basis for
many web-analysis tools:

Hope this helps,

Greg Fenton

Do you Yahoo!?