Re: log file

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 18:08:38 GMT
On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 cmpeders@co.seminole.fl.us wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running SWISH-E on our internet site which is on Solaris.
>
> I have just implemented SWISH-E on our intranet site which is on Windows
> 2000 using IIS 5.0 using the windows port.
>
> I can't seem to locate the LOG file of searches performed on the intranet .
> I use this data to get stats on what people are searching for.
> I have REPORTING set up in the config as 2 just like I do on the Solaris
> server which successfully creates a log file.

If you are talking about the "IndexReport" that's for the report generated
during indexing.  There's never been any logging of searches in the
Swish-e program.

> Can the windows port create a log file or will I have to get my statistics
> another way?

I don't know how you have your search setup, but if you are using the
swish.cgi script it does GET requests so you can use your standard web
logs to look at the queries.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org