Re: Missing bracket

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 18:42:48 GMT
On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Dennis Daupert wrote:

> PROBLEM SUMMARY: I'm trying to use the perl cgi script swish.cgi that
> came bundled with the 2.2.3 distro in the examples directory. My web
> error log says there is a missing right curly or square bracket. Yet the
> script runs fine at the command line. Any clues?

>      I created a symlink
>      ran GET http://localhost/swishdir/swish.cgi | head
>      ++ I get 'Server Error'
>      ** apache error_log reports:
>      Variable "$DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE" will not stay shared at
> /usr/local/apache/perl/swishdir/swish.cgi line 142.

Are you running the script under mod_perl with Apache::Registry by chance?
That message happens when code gets wrapped inside of an outer subroutine.

If so see:
  http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#The_First_Mystery

And if so, you don't need to run it as an Apache::Registry script -- just
run it as a mod_perl handler.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org