RE: StoreDescription / swishdescription field parsing wrong meta tags

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 05:39:12 GMT
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:09:00 -0800 (PST)
"Tref Gare" <TrefG@areeba.com.au> wrote:

> I've done some testing on the format you suggested and have worked out
> that it's the jsp files that are causing the grief.

Are you spidering your site?  I'd think you would need to spider if you
are trying to index jsp.

> Ie: if I try to get a swishdescription from identical files, one a jsp
> and the other an html then the html description works fine but the jsp
> uses the first metatag it finds rather than the body tag

Turn on ParserWarnLevel 9 and see what the parser is saying about the
source.  That may give you some hints.

>       swishdescription:10 (120) S: "PageID 158 - generated by RedDot
>       4.5(SP3) - 4.5.3.14 - 2-K5b true venue hire venue hire acmi,
>       venue hire acmi, venue hi"

Even with that file you sent I don't see that.  Perhaps something is
changing in the email.  Try trimming down the file the the smallest
amount that still generates that incorrect description.