Re: Searching with a great number of index files

From: David Hoare <dh2(at)not-real.iucr.org>
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 10:58:37 GMT
Hi

I don't know if this helps but I get around the problem of using multiple
index files by using MetaNames or PropertyNames. In my case I sometimes
need to limit the search to a specific year (or years) which is part of
the directory sructure

eg ... /dir/1996/blah ...

so in my conf file I have -

MetaNames year
PropertyNames year

(not sure I need both of these)

then I use

ExtractPath year regex !^/.*/dir/([0-9]+)/.+$!$1!

So then I have the script add a term of the form "year = ( YR1 or YR2 etc)"
to the searh term.

Hope this helps,

David