Swish-e and MyLibrary

From: Eric Lease Morgan <emorgan(at)not-real.nd.edu>
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 20:46:13 GMT
I have begun to integrate swish-e and MyLibrary. See:

  http://dewey.library.nd.edu/mylibrary/sandbox/search.pl
  http://dewey.library.nd.edu/mylibrary/sandbox/search.pl?cmd=about

MyLibrary is a portal application for libraries distributed as open source
software. Written in Perl and relying on a database application such as
MySQL, it provides the means for librarians to create lists of information
resources and allow users to create customizable interfaces to the
libraries. See:

  http://dewey.library.nd.edu/mylibrary/

As the collections of information resources in something like MyLibrary grow
so does the need for a searchable interface. Building on the examples
provided in the swish-e distribution, I was able to extract a stream of HTML
from MyLibrary and send it directly to swish-e for indexing. I was then able
to provide a Web interface to the resulting index as illustrated and
described at the URLs above.

I like swish-e. I like it a whole lot. Thank you.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
Head, Digital Access and Information Architecture Department

(574) 631-8604