Re: Ranking question

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 15:02:48 GMT
On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, David VanHook wrote:

> The recent discussion about ranking has brought up one minor question for
> me:

Was there a discussion that I missed?

> I know that in the config.h file there are the factors used to adjust a
> word's ranking.  So if it's in the title, it gets multiplied by 4, that sort
> of thing.
>
> My question is, if I want to adjust those on a currently live, running
> version of SWISH, do I have to recompile SWISH?  Or do these variables exist
> someplace else where I can adjust them on the fly?

Currently you must recompile.

I don't see why they couldn't be configurable at indexing time -- or for
that matter why they couldn't be adjusted at search time -- other than
it's time coding something that not many people would use.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org