RE: how to get a description

From: Wolf, Dena <dena.wolf(at)not-real.orcinc.com>
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 19:33:16 GMT
At the risk of exposing my lost-ness:
First, Thanks again for your swift replies.

When I enter orcsolar@sweb-5130(235) perldoc swish.cgi
No documentation found for "swish.cgi".
I tried this in the cgi-bin directory I have as well as the one located in
the original place on the solaris server where I had copied it from.

How else might I access this?

I've tried HTML, HTML2, and HTML* and understand that they are dependent
upon the library referenced.  I always error exactly the same no matter
which one I use :
(Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
Bad directive on line #14: IndexContents HTML* .html
Bad directive on line #15: StoreDescription HTML* <body> 100000) .

I am awaiting a call back from my isp.  I am going to ask them:
What version of swish do we have?
What library does it use?
Where is the perl documentation for swish.cgi

-There is no swish-e directory that I can see on their server.
They had the swish executable & the swish.cgi file sitting in their cgi-bin
directory (/usr/local/libexec/cgi-bin/).  I couldn't find any other swish
files.

I have perl5 installed in my directory.  I remember running something
callled  rbsetup --perl which copied perl into my home directory.  Could
this be interferring with the library it is using?  Maybe when they call it
will help a bit.

I do not consider myself too able in installing swish myself on the server
since I can barely understand the documentation. (thru no fault of its own,
I think)

Anyways, just thought I 'd say where I'm at in case anything looks
suspicious to you.

Thanks once again,
Dena