Re: hangs

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 16:29:45 GMT
At 06:52 AM 11/22/02 -0800, Ander wrote:
>I'm indexing one site with the prog option and I'm using to
>spidering. Then, there is a URL that fails, (looking it with the browser it
>returns an error ) and the spider hangs (if I do a ps -awf , It appears as
>defunct). How can I avoid/resolve this? Thank you.

Sorry, the coffee is interfering with my ESP.

>From the info provided I can say that the solution is to not index that URL.

If that's not a good option then your other options are to either read the
docs for the spider (perldoc which offer some debugging tips,
or post again paying attention to

For example, you could post the config file you are using and the URL that's
causing the problem.

Bill Moseley