Relative Newbie Swish-e indexing query

From: Tref Gare <trefg(at)not-real.areeba.com.au>
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 22:03:51 GMT
Hi Folks.

I'm indexing a directory of xml files only and to extract several
specific fields from it that can then be displayed in the search
results.

I'm using the java wrapper jsp pages to display the results but I can't
seem to fathom the process of getting the correct elements indexed and
then pulling them out in the results.

As far as I can tell what I need to do (and what I've tried to date) is
the following:
Add to the MetaNames parameter the names of the XML elements I'm after
Add to the XMLClassAttributes the names of any attributes contained in
those elements.

Then define the params I want to use in the swishXML.cfg (and edit the
JSP to access the correct cfg file).

However to date I can't get any of the desired elements or attributes to
register.  I'm not sure whether this is an issue of them not being
indexed correctly or an inability to extract them correctly from the

Here are the configs I'm currently using.

SwishXML.config
# Test index config file for indexing xml docs
# Aim is to extract event start and end dates from the xml and link to
the
# related html doc via the htmlLocation element

 IndexFile "C:/WWW/ACMI/catalog/acmiXML.index"
 IndexDir .
# suspect the HTML line is redundant for an xml only trawl
 IndexContents HTML .htm .html .jsp
 IndexContents XML2 .xml
 NoContents .gif .jpg .mdb
# StoreDescription doesn't seem to be loading anything assuming it's
stored in the swishdescription field
 StoreDescription XML2 <oneLiner> 320
 IndexOnly .xml
 FollowSymLinks yes
 MetaNames description event keywords oneLiner datesList
 PropertyNames description
 ReplaceRules prepend "filesys"
 ReplaceRules replace "filesys\." "http://devbox:88"
# ReplaceRules regex "/\x5c/\x2f/gi"
 ReplaceRules replace "\\\\" "/"

#StoreDescription XML <oneLiner> 320
# define xml attributes to be indexed - the following are all attributes
of elements referenced above
# namely <event htmlLocation="">. </event>
#
XMLClassAttributes startDate endDate htmlLocation

-----
Then in swishXML.cfg (the jsp wrappers config file)

#Parameter list used to execute de search
parameters swishdocpath swishtitle swishdescription swishdocsize
oneLiner event startDate endDate htmlLocation

However nothing seems to be coming back.

The indexing stage works without a hitch and returns results but none of
the desired parameters are accessible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tref

Tref Gare
Development Consultant
Areeba
Level 19/114 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000
email: trefg@areeba.com.au
phone: +61 3 9642 5553
fax: +61 3 9642 1335
website:  <http://www.areeba.com.au/> http://www.areeba.com.au
"This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above and contains information that is confidential. No
confidentiality is waived or lost by any mis-transmission. If you
received this correspondence in error, please notify the sender and
immediately delete it from your system. You must not disclose, copy or
rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not the intended
recipient. Any communication directed to clients via this message is
subject to our Agreement and relevant Project Schedule. Any information
that is transmitted via email which may offend may have been sent
without knowledge or the consent of Areeba."

to a plain text message.