Re: possible error

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 14:06:35 GMT
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Stephan Diehl wrote:

> On Monday 18 November 2002 23:18, you wrote:
>
> So, how would I create an empty index? (I really need this as I don't want to
> resort to placing a dummy file somewhere just that there is a file for
> indexing).
> If you mess up your config, you might be doomed anyway.

I guess I don't follow what you are trying to accomplish or why you need
an empty index.

Can you detect "no files indexed" when indexing then just remove the
exiting index files?  Then have your CGI (or whatever) script look to see
if the index exists before searching?

Swish used to report "Index file empty".  Maybe swish-e could properly
close the .temp files to write a complete index (which it doesn't now) and
then when you detect this error you can rename the .temp files.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org