Re: Python Wrapper

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 20:19:47 GMT
At 10:40 AM 11/16/02 -0800, Stephan Diehl wrote:
>I'm in the process of writing a python wrapper for swish-e.
>swish-e is from CVS (today). Absolutely surprising, I could create a kind of
>python module very quickly with the help of swig.
>By the way, swish-e.h misses a line
>#define IN_FILE_BIT 0

I left that out on purpose.  I think it's actually going away soon (we have
been discussing modifying the structure bits to save space and offer more
features).

>Now, when doing a search, I get a warning:
>Warning: Failed to uncompress Property. zlib uncompress returned: -3.
>uncompressed size: 2756 buf_len: -1073745736

Well, I'm not sure about that.  Are you indexing and searching with the
same exact versions?  Do you get the same error when running the swish-e
binary?  There were some updates to the property compression code lately,
so that might be related.

When debugging the perl module I was using the libtest.c program (make
libtest in the src directory) and gdb.

>My System is:
>Debian testing/unstable kernel 2.2.19pre17 (should do an upgrade :-)

Yea Debian!  But I'm running 2.4.18 (but not related to your problem).

mailto:moseley@hank.org