Re: Trying to get dev version 2.3.4 working

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 15:51:24 GMT
On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Jeff St. Laurent wrote:

> I'm running Solaris 8 and I'm trying to get the latest dev version going
> and I'm running into some problems.  I've pasted the output of config,
> make, and 'uname -a' below.  Any help would be much appreciated.

> config output:
> --------------
> # ./configure --bindir=/usr/local/bin
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: creating doc/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/Makefile
> config.status: creating perl/Makefile.PL
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: perl/

Darn.  That's the problem with my use of CVS -- I forgot to change
Makefile.PL to in the MANIFEST file and so it wasn't
included in the swish-daily tarball.

Your quick fix is to go to and down at the bottom is a
link to CVS.  There (on the sourceforge site) you can click Browse CVS and
then drill down to the perl directory and simply download
to your swish-e perl directory.  Then rerun configure.

> swish.h:85: acconfig.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [swish2.o] Error 1

And the next thing configure was going to do after building the
Makefile.PL (from the missing was to create the acconfig.h
file -- but due to the error that didn't happen.

That should get you working.

Bill Moseley