Re: Error trying to build perl module

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 15:31:19 GMT
At 04:51 AM 11/12/02 -0800, Jeff St. Laurent wrote:

>Trying to build the perl module and get the following error:

>Swish was built with libxml2 support
..
>Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lxml2

Well, it needs libxml2.  It's just not looking in the right place.

You have two options.  One is to make sure the build script can find
libxml2 and the other is to build swish-e without libxml2 support and then
create the perl module.  When you run "perl Makefile.PL" it displays a
message about potential fixes, right?

  If libxml2 is not found automatically, then you may
  need to mess with CCFLAGS and LDFROM flags.

and gives examples.  You might need to adjust the examples for your setup.

>make: cc: Command not found

This one is clear.  You don't have a cc command.  I'd suggest making a
symlink from cc to gcc or just edit the Makefile and change cc to gcc.

One last IMPORTANT note.  The perl module in the current distribution is
being replaced.  So if you are just starting development to use that module
then you should probably use the current development version from the
swish-daily page or from anonymous cvs.

mailto:moseley@hank.org