pdftotext - erroring out

From: intervolved none <intervolved(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 11:13:54 GMT
(I hope that this is not double posted.  I sent one email before being "signed up" and have not found my question in the archives.)

I am trying to index pdf files.  I get the following error messages :

Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...

Error (202734): Unknown compression method in flate stream

This goes on for a while and the file is not indexed...

I am using the following :

Swish-e  2.1-dev-25 Jan 15 2002 14:41:11

pdftotext.exe :  10/26/2001 11:08 (991,232)

Windows 2000

My config file is as follows

IndexContents TXT .pdf

StoreDescription TXT 200

IndexFile test.index

IndexDir http://localhost

FileFilter .pdf pdftotext.exe "%p -"   <-  I have tried various different variations including  '"%p" -' and a couple of others I do not remember.

I verified by executing the command "pdftotext.exe somepdf.pdf" does extract the contents to a text file.  the problem I have is when I run it through Swish-e.  I have checked the discussion threads and have not found anything useful.    I have also tried other PDF files and have had the same problem.

Cheers