Re: PHP extension

From: Saurabh Gupta <saurabh(at)not-real.fridaycorporation.com>
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 05:50:17 GMT
Hi,

Sorry, couldn't reply earlier as I was away for a couple of days.

>This looks great.  Thanks.

Thank you for this great software.

>One problem is that the C API is changing.  It's been reorganized into a
>more object-oriented design. I can maintain some backwards compatibility
>but not all due to the basic redesign of some data structures.  You might
>be able to hide most of those changes within your php interface, but I'm
>not familiar with php to know what you can and cannot do.

I wouldn't be worried about the changing C API cause it can be hidden
within the php interface.

The php extension can be configured to detect the library version (in
this case the swish-e version) at build time and act accordingly.

Saurabh.