Limiting WordCharacters, BeginCharacters, etc. to specific metanames.

From: Andrew Smith <asmith(at)not-real.compbio.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 01:09:39 GMT
Hi all,

I know that the WordCharacters, BeginCharacters, etc. configuration
settings let you define what a word consists of and what gets indexed. I
was wondering if there is any way to define specific WordCharacters,
BeginCharacters, etc. for specific metanames? E.g., I might generate
metaname 'filename' from the document path and might want "my_test_file.txt"
to not be broken up into "my", "test", "file", "txt" but get indexed
exactly as "my_test_file.txt". However, if "my_test_file.txt" is
encountered in the document body then I would want it broken up. Is there
any way to do this, or is WordCharacters, BeginCharacters, etc. global and
is used for all indexed terms?

thanks,

Andrew Smith