Re: PDF to HTML causing swish-e to crash

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 20:45:02 GMT
At 12:03 PM 10/10/02 -0700, Greg Fenton wrote:
>I am using _pdf2html.pl (from filter-bin).  When I run pdftotext
>against all of my PDFs by hand (from bash), I have no problems.  But
>when run from swish-e, I get:
>
>    Error (65487): Bad uncompressed block length in flate stream

I sure wish pdftotext printed the file name with its errors.  So when you
pass the file directly to pdftotext and pdfinfo it works fine?

Looks like you are passing an invalid file to pdftotext.  Have your filter
write it to disk and compare with the source file.  Try indexing a single
file so you can be sure of what file is generating the errors.  Using -v3
isn't good enough due to buffering.

mailto:moseley@hank.org