Re: swish.cgi is not returning results

From: Peggy Eaton <peaton(at)not-real.eosdata.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 23:37:58 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:

 > I hope that's enough to get you going.

Thanks for the config setup and debugging tips.  They helped me find a
couple of set up problems very quickly.

I feel a bit foolish.  I did have a really old version of the script.  I
went and located the one that really did come with the distribution,
changed the paths to my locations for the swish-e binary, index.swish-e
and .swishcgi.conf.  The command line execution and debugging look fine
to me, and while the CGI script doesn't produce errors, I still get no
results.

I'm still indexing just the one HTML file.  My indexing config file
looks like:

 > IndexContents HTML2 .shtml .html .htm
 > IndexOnly .html .shtml
 > #ParserWarnLevel 2
 > StoreDescription HTML2 <body> 200

I set up a .swishcgi.conf file that looks like:
return {
      Swish_Binary     => '/usr/daac/dev/bin/swish-e',
      Swish_Index      => '/usr/daac/doc/internal/web/index.swish-e',
};

and even though the dump indicated the .swishcgi.conf was being read,
swish.cgi couldn't find the binary or index file until I changed them
directly in the script (for the moment, just a side issue).

Here's the full dump.  I'm not quite sure how to go about examining the
processing of the swish.cgi to find the problem.  I don't see anything
in the error_log.  Thanks for any advice you can offer.

daacdev2$ export SWISH_DEBUG=dump; $DAACDIR/cgi-bin/swish.cgi > /dev/null
Debug level set to: 33

---------- Read config parameters from
'/usr/daac/dev/etc/.swishcgi.conf' ------$VAR1 = {
           'Swish_Index' => '/usr/daac/doc/internal/web/index.swish-e',
           'Swish_Binary' => '/usr/daac/dev/bin/swish-e'
         };
-------------------------
Debug level set to: 33
Enter a query [all]: web
Enter max results to display [1]: 3

------------- Results structure passed to template ------------
$VAR1 = bless( {
                  '_results' => [
                                  {
                                    'swishdescription' => ' ... for
Swish-e Indexing Reports (Bobby, Compliance, Links) Policies (<font
style="background:#FFFF99">Web</font> page requirements, Development
Checklists) MDST Checklist <font style="background:#FFFF99">Web</font>
Page Tools (weblint, tidy, bobby) <font
style="background:#FFFF99">Web</font> Information (<font
style="background:#FFFF99">Web</font> dir',
                                    'swishlastmodified' => '2002-10-04
13:03:00 EDT',
                                    'swishdocsize' => 1316,
                                    'swishdocpath_href' => 'index.html',
                                    'swishrank' => 1000,
                                    'swishtitle' => 'Test Page for
Swish-e Indexing',
                                    'swishdocpath' => 'index.html',
                                    'saved_swishdocpath' => 'index.html',
                                    'swishreccount' => 1
                                  }
                                ],
                  '_headers' => {
                                  'swish format' => '2.2.1',
                                  'maintained by' => '(no maintainer)',
                                  'description' => '(no description)',
                                  'name' => '(no name)',
                                  'number of hits' => 1,
                                  'maxwordlimit' => 40,
                                  'counts' => '48 words, 1 files',
                                  'search time' => '0.001 seconds',
                                  'begincharacters' =>
'0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????',
                                  'wordcharacters' =>
'0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????',
                                  'fuzzy indexing mode' => 'None',
                                  'parsed words' => 'swishdefault = (
web ) ',
                                  'documentproperties' => 'Enabled',
                                  'endcharacters' =>
'0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????',
                                  'stemming applied' => '0',
                                  'saved as' => 'index.swish-e',
                                  'index file' =>
'/usr/daac/doc/internal/web/index.swish-e',
                                  'run time' => '0.109 seconds',
                                  'ignoretotalwordcountwhenranking' => 1,
                                  'search words' => 'swishdefault=(web)',
                                  'minwordlimit' => 1,
                                  'indexed on' => '2002-10-04 19:04:39 EDT',
                                  'swish-e format' => '2.2.1',
                                  'soundex applied' => '0',
                                  'pointer' => '(no pointer)'
                                },
                  'hits' => 1,
                  'query_href' =>
'/usr/daac/dev/cgi-bin/swish.cgi?query=web',
                  'query_match' => {
                                     'text' => {
                                                 'swishdefault' => [
                                                                     [
                                                                       'web'
                                                                     ]
                                                                   ]
                                               }
                                   },
                  'prog' => '/usr/daac/dev/bin/swish-e',
                  'my_url' => '/usr/daac/dev/cgi-bin/swish.cgi',
                  'navigation' => {
                                    'showing' => 1,
                                    'search_time' => '0.001 seconds',
                                    'hits' => 1,
                                    'to' => 1,
                                    'from' => 1,
                                    'run_time' => '0.109 seconds'
                                  },
                  'DateRanges_time_low' => undef,
                  'query_simple' => 'web',
                  'DateRanges_time_high' => undef,
                  'config' => {
                                'description_prop' => 'swishdescription',
                                'max_chars' => 500,
                                'highlight' => {
                                                 'highlight_on' =>
'<font style="background:#FFFF99">',
                                                 'occurrences' => 6,
                                                 'show_words' => 10,
                                                 'max_words' => 100,
                                                 'package' =>
'PhraseHighlight',
'meta_to_prop_map' => {

  'all' => [

    'swishtitle',

    'swishdescription',

    'swishdocpath'

  ],

  'swishtitle' => [

           'swishtitle'

         ],

  'swishdefault' => [

             'swishtitle',

             'swishdescription'

           ],

  'swishdocpath' => [

             'swishdocpath'

           ]
                                                                       },
                                                 'highlight_off' =>
'</font>'
                                               },
                                'Swish_Index' =>
'/usr/daac/doc/internal/web/index.swish-e',
                                'date_ranges' => {
                                                   'date_range' => 1,
                                                   'line_break' => '0',
                                                   'property_name' =>
'swishlastmodified',
                                                   'default' => 'All',
                                                   'time_periods' => [

'All',

'Today',

'Yesterday',

'This Week',

'Last Week',

'Last 90 Days',

'This Month',

'Last Month'
                                                                     ]
                                                 },
                                'swish_index' =>
'/usr/daac/doc/internal/web/index.swish-e',
                                'name_labels' => {
                                                   'all' => 'All',
                                                   'swishdocsize' =>
'Document Size',
                                                   'subject' => 'Message
Subject',
                                                   'swishdefault' =>
'Title & Body',
                                                   'swishdocpath' =>
'Document Path',
                                                   'name' => 'Poster\'s
Name',
                                                   'sent' => 'Message Date',
                                                   'swishlastmodified'
=> 'Last Modified Date',
                                                   'swishrank' => 'Rank',
                                                   'swishtitle' => 'Title',
                                                   'email' => 'Poster\'s
Email'
                                                 },
                                'meta_groups' => {
                                                   'all' => [

'swishdefault',
                                                              'swishtitle',
                                                              'swishdocpath'
                                                            ]
                                                 },
                                'title_property' => 'swishtitle',
                                'debug' => 33,
                                'title' => 'Search our site',
                                'display_props' => [
                                                     'swishlastmodified',
                                                     'swishdocsize',
                                                     'swishdocpath'
                                                   ],
                                'no_last_page_navigation' => '0',
                                'on_intranet' => '0',
                                'Xselect_indexes' => {
                                                       'description' =>
'Select Site: ',
                                                       'labels' => [

'Main Index',

'Other Index',
                                                                     'two',

'three',
                                                                     'four'
                                                                   ],
                                                       'columns' => 3,
                                                       'method' =>
'checkbox_group'
                                                     },
                                'Swish_Binary' =>
'/usr/daac/dev/bin/swish-e',
                                'xtemplate' => {
                                                 'options' => {
                                                                'cache'
=> 1,

'die_on_bad_params' => '0',

'filename' => 'swish.tmpl',

'loop_context_vars' => 1
                                                              },
                                                 'package' =>
'TemplateHTMLTemplate'
                                               },
                                'swish_binary' =>
'/usr/daac/dev/bin/swish-e',
                                'no_first_page_navigation' => '0',
                                'timeout' => 10,
                                'metanames' => [
                                                 'swishdefault',
                                                 'swishtitle',
                                                 'swishdocpath'
                                               ],
                                'secondary_sort' => [
                                                      'swishlastmodified',
                                                      'desc'
                                                    ],
                                'config_file' =>
'/usr/daac/dev/etc/.swishcgi.conf',
                                'max_query_length' => 100,
                                'sorts' => [
                                             'swishrank',
                                             'swishlastmodified',
                                             'swishtitle',
                                             'swishdocpath'
                                           ],
                                'page_size' => 3,
                                'Xselect_by_meta' => {
                                                       'description' =>
'Limit search to these areas: ',
                                                       'values' => [
                                                                     'misc',
                                                                     'mod',

'vhosts',
                                                                     'other'
                                                                   ],
                                                       'labels' => {

'vhosts' => 'Virutal hosts',

'mod' => 'Apache Modules',

'misc' => 'General Apache docs'
                                                                   },
                                                       'metaname' => 'site',
                                                       'columns' => 3,
                                                       'method' =>
'checkbox_group'
                                                     }
                              },
                  'q' => bless( {
                                  '.charset' => 'ISO-8859-1',
                                  '.parameters' => [
                                                     'query'
                                                   ],
                                  '.fieldnames' => {},
                                  'query' => [
                                               'web'
                                             ]
                                }, 'CGI' ),
                  'MOD_PERL' => undef,
                  'COMMAND' => '/usr/daac/dev/bin/swish-e -w
swishdefault=(web) -b 1 -m 3 -f /usr/daac/doc/internal/web/index.swish-e
-s swishrank desc swishlastmodified desc -x
<swishreccount>\\t<swishtitle>\\t<swishdescription>\\t<swishlastmodified>\\t<swishdocsize>\\t<swishdocpath>\\t<swishrank>\\t<swishdocpath>\\n
-H 9',
                  'metaname' => 'swishdefault',
                  'swish_command' => [
                                       '-w',
                                       'swishdefault=(web)',
                                       '-b',
                                       1,
                                       '-m',
                                       3,
                                       '-f',

'/usr/daac/doc/internal/web/index.swish-e',
                                       '-s',
                                       'swishrank',
                                       'desc',
                                       'swishlastmodified',
                                       'desc',
                                       '-x',

'<swishreccount>\\t<swishtitle>\\t<swishdescription>\\t<swishlastmodified>\\t<swishdocsize>\\t<swishdocpath>\\t<swishrank>\\t<swishdocpath>\\n',
                                       '-H',
                                       9
                                     ]
                }, 'SwishQuery' );

 > Is .shtml a server generated page?
yes, we designate web pages using server side includes with .shtml