PDF indexing

From: <sobrien(at)not-real.ci.bend.or.us>
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 01:09:59 GMT
It appears that pdf files passed to _pdf2html.pl for indexing that have
spaces in the filenames are being rejected by pdfinfo and pdf2text.  If I
call pdfinfo directly with the filename I get the same result that I see
during indexing:

Checking dir "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/planning/communitydevelop"...
pdfinfo version 1.01
Copyright 1996-2002 Glyph & Cog, LLC
Usage: pdfinfo [options] <PDF-file>
  -meta          : print the document metadata (XML)
  -enc <string>  : output text encoding name
  -opw <string>  : owner password (for encrypted files)
  -upw <string>  : user password (for encrypted files)
  -cfg <string>  : configuration file to use in place of .xpdfrc
  -v             : print copyright and version info
  -h             : print usage information
  -help          : print usage information
  --help         : print usage information
  -?             : print usage information
/usr/local/swish-e/filter-bin/_pdf2html.pl: Failed close on pipe to pdfinfo
for /usr/local/apache/htdocs/planning/communitydevelop/LOT LINE
APPLICATION.pdf: 256 at /usr/local/swish-e/filter-bin/_pdf2html.pl line 53.

If I pass it the filename in quotes it processes it ok, I just can't figure
out how to get swish-e to pass the filename off correctly.

TIA!
By the way Swish-e rules!

Steve O'Brien
City of Bend