XML Meta name question.

From: William Bailey <wb(at)not-real.pro-net.co.uk>
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 14:39:32 GMT
Hi,

	I have a quick question about the XML2 parser and the metanames that it
creates while indexing.

	My issue is that i have a number of fields that have the same name but are
children of different elements, for example i have the following XML file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<recording title="16 Crappy Pop Songs." subtitle="The complete cheese
collection.">
  <artist class="main">Main artist for this recording</artist>
  <artist class="supporting">Supporting artist</artist>
  <track title="A nice kind of life.">
    <artist>Another processed band from a TV show.</artist>
    track desc blah blah blah blah track note.
  </track>
  <track title="Ohhh it good to be owned by a record label">
    <artist>The cant sing crew</artist>
    track desc blah blah blah blah track note again.
  </track>
  recording desc blah blah blah description and stuff
</recording>

Now when indexing with swish produces the following meta tags:

<recording> (meta [recording])
    <recording.title> (meta [recording.title])
        16 Crappy Pop Songs.
    </recording.title> (meta)
    <recording.subtitle> (meta [recording.subtitle])
        The complete cheese collection.
    </recording.subtitle> (meta)

    <artist> (meta [artist])
        <artist> (meta [artist.main])
            Main artist for this recording
    </artist> (meta)
    </artist> (meta)

    <artist> (meta [artist])
        <artist> (meta [artist.supporting])
            Supporting artist
    </artist> (meta)
    </artist> (meta)

    <track> (meta [track])
        <track.title> (meta [track.title])
            A nice kind of life.
        </track.title> (meta)

        <artist> (meta [artist])
            Another processed band from a TV show.
        </artist> (meta)
        track desc blah blah blah blah track note.
    </track> (meta)

    <track> (meta [track])
        <track.title> (meta [track.title])
            Ohhh it good to be owned by a record label
        </track.title> (meta)

        <artist> (meta [artist])
            The cant sing crew
        </artist> (meta)
        track desc blah blah blah blah track note again.
    </track> (meta)
    recording desc blah blah blah description and stuff
</recording> (meta)

Now the only problem i see here is that i cant just do a search for the track
artists as it has added the track artists to the generic [artist] meta tag.
What i really need is for there to be an option to create the meta tags based
on its current position in the XML tree so for example the main artists would
be recording.artist but the track artists would be searchable on
recording.track.artist this way you could search on a specific branch of the
tree and will therefore not have to give each element a unique name.

I have read through the docs and havent found an option to enable this, does
one exist? If not then is it something that is in development? Or maybe im
just being silly and there is an easy work around.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help.

--
Regards,
	William Bailey.