Re: Unexpected index file size reduction

From: Lauren <lauren(at)not-real.landsburg.net>
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 17:03:55 GMT
Hi, Steve.

S> So why not exclude those files with some temporary rules
> and create an index of just the files you used to have?
> That would narrow your search for an answer.

Well, that was the original experiment, a comparison of the index files
with and without those files; so there is no need to repeat it (though
in fact I did repeat it, along with a number of other tests before
sending the original email to the swish-e list).  Jose has offered what
looks like a promising explanation, so I'm going to use that as a
working assumption for now.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Lauren