Re: -Sprog with -N

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 14:28:09 GMT
On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Paul Borghese wrote:

> I am amazed there is not a command line switch on swish-e that will
> allow you to change/override the SwishProgParameters during run-time.
> You can change most of the other parameters in the config file
> dynamically, why not SwishProgParameters?  I like the idea of using -i
> stdin as a workaround.

Paul, it bugged me too, so one day I actually started to add it then
remembered about the -i stdin method and decided it wasn't needed for that
reason.  Ever since that day I've been piping my -S progs into swish.

Also:

   ./prog --option=foo -x -y -v | ./swish-e -S prog -i stdin

is clear where

  ./swish-e -S prog -i ./prog -o '--option=foo -x -y -v'

is a bit confusing (to read and probably to swish-e's switch parser) -- is
-v for swish or for ./prog?

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org