Re: ANNOUNCE: Swish-e version 2.2 available

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 22:57:40 GMT
At 02:24 PM 09/20/02 -0700, Avi Rappoport wrote:
>I'm about to announce this on my site, any features I'm missing?

Can you wait for 2.2.1?  Should be early next week.

>- External document indexing option, easy to add special indexing
>gatherer

e.g. RDBMS, email archives, spider (or combination at the same time)

>- new XML parsers, expat or libxml2
>- Improved filtering of binary file formats
>- Ignores text in <!-- noindex --> <!-- index --> blocks.

Full robots.txt support including meta tags in documents.

>- Special case indexing for "buzzwords" - complex terms which include
>punctuation such as C++ and SWISH-E
>- Faster indexing and searching
  ^^
  much

>- Searching, merging, and ranking results from multiple indexes
>- Improved security in temporary files and parameter checking

>- Search results layout can be edited directly or via the Perl HTML::Template
or Template-Toolkit (the idea is that it can use existing templating system
to make search results fit with the target site)

>- Windows binary in installer package

>- Extended documentation
>
>I'm also looking for sites to feature as examples, please let me know
>if you want to be included.

perl.apache.org is cool because search results take you to not to the page,
but to the section of the document.

Term highlighting (some people like that).

Fuzzy indexing modes (some people like that, too).

The CHANGES man page might have more ideas.

mailto:moseley@hank.org