Re: ANNOUNCE: Swish-e version 2.2 available

From: Avi Rappoport <avi-list(at)>
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 21:24:48 GMT
I'm about to announce this on my site, any features I'm missing?

- External document indexing option, easy to add special indexing
- new XML parsers, expat or libxml2
- Improved filtering of binary file formats
- Ignores text in <!-- noindex --> <!-- index --> blocks.
- Special case indexing for "buzzwords" - complex terms which include
punctuation such as C++ and SWISH-E
- Faster indexing and searching
- Searching, merging, and ranking results from multiple indexes
- Improved security in temporary files and parameter checking
- Search results layout can be edited directly or via the Perl HTML::Template
- Windows binary in installer package
- Extended documentation

I'm also looking for sites to feature as examples, please let me know
if you want to be included.

Complete Guide to Search Engines for Web Sites and Intranets