Re: unexpected (and bad) results from ./configure

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 01:35:34 GMT
Sorry, I've got some misquotes below -- tying to write two email messages
at the same time...

At 06:25 PM 09/18/02 -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
>At 06:11 PM 09/18/02 -0700, SRE wrote:
>>1. what would cause "unexpected operator" in the transcript?
>>   (I figure it's a typo but I'm not sure where to look)
>
>Not sure about that.  When I looked before google had lots of posts about
>that message.

The part about looking it up on goggle was about the "set owner/group"
messages, not the "invalid operator"

>>2. is "setenv HOME xxx" required?
>>   (it looks like "cd" is called with no args, not sure why)
>
>Probably need to set HOME if you are not logged in (as in running via a CGI
>script)
>

>>3. does configure presume the right to chown and chgrp ?
>>   (or is "mv" suggesting that I should?) If so, why?
>
>I see that on other BSD systems.

Like I said, I saw lots of posts about it on usent and lists (search
google), but nothing to solve it.

mailto:moseley@hank.org