RE: Fuzzy Indexing with Double Metaphone

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 16:59:29 GMT
At 09:46 AM 09/18/02 -0700, Jody Cleveland wrote:
>Hello,
>
>> Does it say "stemmer" some place?
>
>>From your original email, this is what it said:
>
>Available choices are
>
>   FuzzyIndexingMode None|Stemmer|Soundex|Metaphone|DoubleMetaphone

My error then.  I think the docs are correct, though.

>Thanks again Bill for your patience and time helping me get this working
>with Windows. I was finally able to get a test server for linux, so I've
>been playing around with redhat 7.3. It's proving to be a huge learning
>curve for me. I've been used to dos for so many years, it's hard to unlearn
>and see how it's done in linux some time.

Just wait after using bash for a while and trying to go back to windows.

Up down arrows that are smart, tab completion, logical quoting, and so on...

>If I could just figure out how to
>setup a web site in Apache 2, I could play with getting swish-e to work on
>there...

Do you need Apache 2?  I'd think that Apache is already setup on the Redhat
machine.

mailto:moseley@hank.org