RE: Fuzzy Indexing with Double Metaphone

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 14:46:50 GMT
At 07:27 AM 09/18/02 -0700, Jody Cleveland wrote:
>Hi Bill,
>
>Very sorry for my ignorance. Would this line:
>
>FuzzyIndexingMode Stemmer
>
>Go into my index config file?

No.  You would want to put

  FuzzyIndexingMode Stemming
                         ^^^
in the config file.

Does it say "stemmer" some place?

>Also, does swish-e have any means of keeping a log of words people have
>searched for?

You mean the swish.cgi script?  No, I didn't add that because:

1) what you log probably depends on what you are indexing and if you want
to log the CGI request vs. the query passed to swish-e.

2) swish.cgi uses GET requests so all queries are already logged to the web
server log.  That log has the time and request IP, and often other info
that is useful for logging.  There are tools available to parse common log
formats, too.

3) it's easy to add logging.  Look for build_query() and just print out
$query to a file if the web server log is not enough.

mailto:moseley@hank.org