Re: ANNOUNCE: Swish-e version 2.2 available

From: SRE <eckert(at)not-real.climber.org>
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 14:44:58 GMT
At 07:14 AM 9/18/02, Bill Moseley wrote:
>Swish-e version 2.2 source package and Windows binary package is now
>available on the Swish-e Download page:  http://swish-e.org/Download

Great timing! My web server just got upgraded to a new FreeBSD OS
and Perl 5.8, and swish is DOA. I need to work on it, so I'll just
upgrade at the same time.

The problem is that I don't have access to the same OS and Perl
version anywhere other than the web server, and I don't have
command line access to the server for doing a build.

How does one work around THAT? I can install, I can run,
but I can't compile. Has anyone tried constructing a CGI
script that forks to compile? Ugly! Is there another way?

SRE

mailto:eckert(at)not-real.climber.org | http://www.climber.org/eckert/
Info on peak climbing email lists mailto:info@climber.org

If you ask a question you don't want an answer to,
expect an answer that you don't want to hear!