Search DURING indexing

From: David VanHook <dvanhook(at)not-real.mshanken.com>
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 18:35:06 GMT
Hello -- using 2.2 rc1, and am configuring (as the docs recommend) to have
one incremental index and one main index, both of which will be searched
during any query.

My question is, I'm going to configure our content management system so that
it fires the SWISH indexer to do the incremental index every time we add new
content (probably 4-5 times per day).  Do I need to be concerned about what
happens when/if a user on the site does a search (using the search.cgi)
while this indexing is running?  I seem to recall seeing something about
this on either the discussion or on the docs, but I can't find whatever it
was.

I've tried searching during the incremental index myself, and it appears to
pretty much work just fine.  But is it possible that it'd generate an error
or something?

Thanks very much.  The metaphone searching, by the way, is fantastic.

David VanHook