Re: Problems with quotes on NT

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 14:36:55 GMT
On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 08:56, Bertus Douma wrote:
> I am using swishe on our intranet of a highschool; but having a strange
> problem: indexing of pdf and doc files doesn't work.
> Whats the case: using catdoc and xpdf the following happens: the
> filename (as parameter passed to the batchfile) does have two quotes at
> each side. So looking for a file called 'filename.pdf' doesnt succeed.

What is in your config file?  This should work:
  FileFilter .pdf pdftotext.exe '"%p" -'

> Also with .doc file is there something wrong because the message Invalid
> argument appears.

Sounds like the same sort of problem.  Try this:
  FileFilter .doc catdoc.exe  ' -s8859-1 -d8859-1 "%p"'

Batch files may cause problems.  You should put the commands directly in
the SWISH-E config.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/