Re: 3rd party CGI scripts

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 18:12:50 GMT
At 10:55 AM 09/11/02 -0700, Charlie Dalsass wrote:
>Hi, I've just re-written John Millard's swish-cgi.pl which adds:
>
>1. fork/exec instead of open
>2. easy to configure (uses .ini file)
>3. single,stand alone perl program -- easy installation
>4. paging of results, and basic results highlighting (good enough for
>most sites)
>5. ability to exclude results (for example results containing PHP code)
>via configuration file.
>6. "googlish" interface

Sounds great.  Won't run under windows (or where there's no fork), right?

>The search is designed for small sites on shared servers who want
>Google-like search interfaces.
>
>I was wondering:
>
>1. how to post the script to the swish-e website
>2. whether anyone would like to critique the code for x-platform or
>security before "going live"
>3. if this is of interest -- I didn't see anything on the site like it.

I'd be happy to take a look.  It will be next week probably before I can
get to it, though.

Most of those contributed scripts could use a rewrite.  I wonder about the
security of some of them.

Thanks very much!

mailto:moseley@hank.org