Re: DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE in 2.2 question

From: Jody Cleveland <Cleveland(at)not-real.mail.winnefox.org>
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 17:56:06 GMT
> I'm testing on windows 98, so maybe you have yet another different windows
shell.

I'm running Windows 2000 with IIS.

> Regardless, switch to <swishdocpath> and <swishdescription> would probably
fix.

I'm not understanding. Switch it where?

> Of course, for writing Web application and running Apache I'd install
Linux.

I've done that, but it's been very slow going with me understanding it. The
powers that be just want the search part of the site to work.

> You need two config options.  I think this is all described in the
> swish.cgi docs, too.
>
> IndexContents HTML .html
> StoreDescription HTML <body>

When I index, I run swish-e -S prog -c spider.config
In that config file, I have this:
StoreDescription HTML <body> 200000
DefaultContents HTML
IndexContents HTML2 .htm .html
IndexContents TXT .txt .conf

Which I believe I took right from the docs.

> Also, -v3 or some such setting will show you what parser is being used for
each document as it's indexed.

It says html2

Thank you, Bill, for all your help with this.

Jody