Re: Creating a config file

From: Cori Diller <cdiller(at)not-real.goble-assoc.com>
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 16:55:37 GMT
(BTW I'm doing this in OS X)

I first created the config file with the absolute basic specs suggested in
the manual (Dir, Only, Report) and it worked. Then I added the IndexFile
line:

IndexFile ./search.index
IndexDir .
IndexOnly .html
IndexReport 1

FYI, even without specifying the IndexFile I get all kinds of warnings. Is
that supposed to happen?

..
Warning: Substituted possible embedded null character(s) in file
'./index.swish-e.temp'

Warning: Substituted possible embedded null character(s) in file
'./test.index'

Warning: Substituted possible embedded null character(s) in file
'./test.index.prop'

Indexing "IndexOnly"

Warning: Invalid path 'IndexOnly': No such file or directory
Indexing ".html"

Warning: Invalid path '.html': No such file or directory
Indexing "IndexReport"

Warning: Invalid path 'IndexReport': No such file or directory
Indexing "1"

Warning: Invalid path '1': No such file or directory
..

What program should I use to create this file? (I used BBEdit) I know very
little about unix or any languages (I'm just trying to create a basic search
engine for a site and I'm having a heck of a time).

Thanks in advance.
-Cori
cdiller@goble-assoc.com