Re: Help with Mac OS X install

From: Michael P. Monan <monan(at)not-real.acm.org>
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 06:55:08 GMT
>  >cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
>"/usr/local/include"
>>cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
>
>The -L path for searching for the swish-e library is set to first look into
>the "src" directory (where the swish library is built).  That warning is
>telling you that the library search path has changed, I believe.
>
>I added that -L search path after spending an hour trying to debug the
>module when I was linking to the wrong library (one I had installed in
>/usr/local/lib instead of the library in the src dir).
>
>That's probably the wrong thing to do, but it will probably stay that way
>until I can get time to add a configure script to check for the correct
>library location.   In general, seems that you would want to link against
>the code that came with the distribution that includes the perl module.
>
>Some day swish will have a more standard autoconf/libtool build process and
>build a .so library so it will (should) have to link against libraries in
>standard locations.

Bill, I'm not sure what you mean here... Is this something that I'm
doing or have done incorrectly in my setup?   Because it's not just a
Swish-E thing; I see it happening when I compile other programs as
well...

Clue me in...

Thanks!

Cya...
Mike...

Mike Monan <-> monan@acm.org
GPG Key ID: 0xB7CFDD41
GPG FingerPrint: A921 8F89 B816 D2E6 A736 A280 0046 01A5 B7CF DD41