Re: Help with Mac OS X install

From: Roy Tennant <roy.tennant(at)not-real.ucop.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 22:27:57 GMT
So duhh....I had been working in a directory where I didn't have
permission to work without root. So forget what I said about sudo. Oh
well. But this is what I get when trying to do ./configure:

checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

so why does it come up "no" when looking for gcc, I wonder?
Roy