Help with Mac OS X install

From: Cori Diller <cdiller(at)not-real.goble-assoc.com>
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 21:07:55 GMT
This search engine seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm not
that savvy in the way of unix (using OS X) so I'm not sure how to go about
installing this thing and it's various files. I've looked extensively
through the site (and downloaded readme files) and can't find a concise
manual or file to help me (especially for OS X).

My first question has to do with downloading the proper file(s). I've
downloaded the 'swish-e-2.0.5-MacOSX.gz' file, but what do I do with it once
it's extracted?

So my next logical assumption would be that I need the
'swish-e-2.0.5.tar.gz' file, but after extracting it, where do I put the
files?

I've also come across some info about using a complier? Do I need to use
this?

If someone can direct me to some sort of installation manual for OS X, that
would be great. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks-
Cori